Thank you for entering the Colorado Book Awards! The 33rd annual Colorado Book Awards season begins September 1, 2023 for books published for the first time between October 1, 2022 and December 31, 2023. Submission deadline is January 5, 2024.
We are particularly interested in receiving and reviewing works created by authors of communities that have been historically marginalized and excluded. A primary contributor to the book must be a current Colorado resident engaged in ongoing literary work in the state, or with a personal history, identity, AND literary work that reflect a strong Colorado influence. Independently published work is welcome.
Reprinted editions or books previously published in another form do not qualify UNLESS at least 50% of the book’s content is new (further documentation will be required). All submitted books must have a printed ISBN, and we strongly recommend that books be professionally edited. The entry fee is $60.00. For all submission guidelines and requirements, please visit: https://coloradohumanities.org/programs/colorado-book-awards/
1. Complete the online submission form.
2. At the end of the form, where it says "Add files," please attach:
a. a 300 dpi jpeg (.jpg) of your book's front cover
b. a 300 dpi jpeg of author/contributor headshot
c. a 300 dpi jpeg of author/contributor with book
3. Click the "submit" button to upload your files.
4. Enter your payment information.
5. Mail FOUR copies of your book to Colorado Humanities & Center for the Book, 7935 E Prentice Avenue, Suite 450, Greenwood Village, CO 80111, postmarked by January 5, 2024. Important: if your book is nominated as a finalist, CH staff will contact you requesting three (3) additional copies of your book for the second round of judging.
Questions? Please contact Valerie Eddy, Colorado Center for the Book Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com